Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holidays 2006

Well, this holiday season has come and is almost gone...

Had a good time, even though I had to work. Mostly a whirlwind of a week so far. I was very happy that Walmart stayed open for 24 / 7 for the past week! Nothing like Xmas shopping at 3am!

On the 24th I worked in the morning and was off at 4pm, then rushed over to my parents, then over to friends for a little party and drinks and gifts, then home at midnight to wrap some last minute gifts. Then up on the 25th at 7am, let Stephen sleep until 8:30, then time to GET UP! Had quite the surprise when opening gifts only to find that my parents think I am huge for some reason...I am up to 190 pounds, not 290! Everything they got me was way too big, I take a medium to a large, so all I got was XL and XXL...Sheesh! ( at this point I threw the chocolates I got for xmas at Steve and told him they were his!)

So no time to enjoy gifts, had to rush and get over to Grandmother Carson's place for XMas brunch...she is so sweet that one...turkey and ham and wine for lunch, I was in heaven. Then a Short visit at my parents place then back here at work. I must say, it was a great shift, although super dead, but my employees Carol, Jacob, Graeme and I made the most of it, we chatted, laughed, harassed the lounge until they gave up some Cappucino's...but a good time.

So here I am at work this morning (yes, a lot of work this season as my Ass'ts deserve some time off so I have no problem working for them and letting them have some time off) and again I am feeling so drained. I am so looking forward to sleeping more than 4 or 5 hours tonight...woo hoo! Then back here tomorrow morning to do it all over again.

So, it was nice seeing my Grandmother, parents, sister and bro-in-law, my nephew and niece yesterday. Everyone is growing up so fast. Derek is now 14 and about my height and Kayla is 11 and almost as tall as Anita. I was going to text message Mike in Toronto at 8am to wish him a Merry Xmas, but he beat me to the punch and text'd me...next time. Mike should be home today or tomorrow.

Stephen is home playing Grand Theft Auto on the Playstation I bought last week, he's so funny when he goes into "kid-mode"!! He kept trying to freak me out yesterday and Sunday as we were driving everywhere by trying to find cars to hijack or people to hit on the road....(needless to say I put my book down and kept my eyes open )

So, to everyone out there...Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and I hope everyone is happy and hugging a loved one today!

No comments: